After considering several options for what to do with leftover mashed potatoes, the following recipe emerged.
Garlic Goat Cheese & Asparagus
Mashed Potato Cakes
Servings: 4 (2 cakes per serving)
WW points: 7 per serving
2 cups chilled mashed potatoes
1 oz garlic goat cheese
1/2 cup cooked asparagus, chopped into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp canola oil, divided
2 tsp whipped butter, divided
1. Place mashed potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
2. Break up garlic goat cheese into mashed potatoes. Add asparagus. Thoroughly mix using your hands.
3. Place bread crumbs, salt, and pepper into a shallow bowl.
4. Using a 1/4 cup measure, split the potato mixture into eight cakes.
5. Dip each cake into bread crumb mixture. Coat evenly.
6. Place a skillet on the stove on medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp whipped butter and 1 tbsp oil to pan. DO NOT ALLOW THE BUTTER AND OIL TO BEGIN SMOKING.
7. Pan fry 4 cakes at a time on the skillet until the outside is brown and crusty.
8. After all 8 cakes are cooked, place on a baking tray and broil for 3-5 minutes.
9. Enjoy! These cakes are tasty so don't require any condiments.
You can use these cakes as veggie burgers. Place on focaccia with mixed greens and a little chipotle mayonnaise for a kick!
A Spicy, Boosted Nut Butter
21 hours ago