Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July Brunch: Cocoa-Pecan Pancakes


These came out divine! Enjoy :o)

As you can see, I couldn't wait to taste them before taking a picture of this masterpiece. Had I been more industrious, I would have make the pancake mix from scratch, but as I have whole grain mix in my refrigerator, I made do with it.

COCOA-PECAN PANCAKES

Ingredients:
1/3 cup whole grain pancake mix (2)
1 tbsp pecan pieces (1)
2 tbsp Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa (0)
1/4 cup 1% milk (0.5)
1 egg white (0)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
oil spray
2 tbsp light cool whip (0.5)

Directions:
1. Mix pancake mix, milk, egg white, applesauce, and cocoa powder until well blended.
2. Stir in pecans.
3. Spray a cooking pan with oil spray. In 1/4 cup increments, cook pancakes. When I made this, I got two CD-sized pancakes.
4. Top with cool whip and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment